Saturday, September 16, 2006

YOUTH GROUP REVIEW/PREVIEW

Well I challenged myself to keep posting to this blog more often but I have had a pretty crazy week and this has been my first chance to get back to it since last Monday. I hope everybody had a good week. I am looking forward to seeing everybody dressed up pretty tonight and the wedding.

Last week was pretty fun and this Sunday will be even more fun! Y'all did a great job singing Prince of Peace. I was impressed and maybe we will try an encore. And if there are other songs that you would like to sing (and if I can find the music), let me know and we will give it a shot. Last week's devo was pretty challenging and difficult to grasp I know. But I hope you took home the major point we were getting at: through a deeper relationship with Jesus, it will become instinctive to to have that "extra mile" response to others rather than the typical response to others--and through this extra mile response, God's love will shine through all of us.

This Sunday I have a pretty cool devo and I really think you will like it. Also I've got some new games to try and an old game (it's everybody's favorite game, the best game of all--what do you think it could be?!?!). So have a good time tonight at the wedding but I expect to see everbody at youth group Sunday night.

No comments: