Monday, September 11, 2006

FIVE YEARS

It is the five-year anniversary of 9/11 and the memory of that day is still fresh in my mind. I like everyone else will probably always remember where I was and what I was doing that day when I first heard the news. And those tragic images will forever be seared into my memory. Even if we were not directly affected by the terrorist attacks, our world was certainly changed that day as we realized that our safety and security and freedom was not something we could take for granted. Since that time we have had to face our fears about war and wondering if there would be another terrorist attack. I know I've certainly changed over the past five years after that day. But as I look back I have come to realize that even though the world had become a more scary and hateful place, God's love will overcome. I have come to understand that God was there that day. God was in those towers. God was in the pentagon. God was with the passengers on those planes. God was with everyone who continues to search for answers and grieve for the loss of loved ones. God provided and provides comfort in the knowledge that 9/11 was not the end--through faith in Jesus Christ we have everlasting life in His Kingdom. And though we still more questions than answers about 9/11, we feel more secure and and are comforted in knowing that God will love us forever and ever to the end of the world.

No comments: